Booking.com has awarded Norwegian Wood best guest review award of excellence
Isn't it good.
Hollicombe lane( off Tarraway road)
Service / Facilities
Cleanliness of your room
Value for money
Based on 54 guest reviews.
spot the differences between these two photos.
Norwegian Wood is an unusual 1925 house overlooking the English Riviera providing sea air and colour that will relax and revitalise, whether you visit for business, health or pleasure. Only fifteen minutes drive to Totnes.
John and Heather offer you an individual and personal welcome.
Sit in the garden under the monkey puzzle tree ( illuminated gardens at night)and the walnut tree with our cats Daisy and Blossom and take in the stunning views of the sea. We are open ALL YEAR /christmas,easter and bank holidays offering sustainable accommodation of a high standard.
Start the day with a healthy, organic, full-english meat, vegan, lacto-vegetarian, wheat-free, raw food or other customised breakfast to suit your dietary needs, Breakfast is always conventionally cooked Aga or convection never microwaved! Organic beverages and filtered drinking water in rooms.Organic Packed lunches.
You could book a one hour consultation with Heather ( Member of the Institute for Learning, federation for Nutritional therapy practitioners)for Iridology and nutritional naturopathy the following morning or during your stay,
Book a group/family workshop on taking your own health on your own shoulders with nutrition,naturopathic nursing techniques such as Castor oil packing,isopathy,skin brushing, enemas,juicing,cellular health using the solar and lunar calenders. Click on nutritional naturopathy for more details.
Then maybe visit one of the many nearby attractions, three minutes walk to Hollicombe Beach. Close to Institute beach,Preston Sands, Scadsons wood, Paignton geo play area, English riviera , Cockington,Totnes. Close to local bus/train/boat routes.We are a stones throw from the John Musgrove Trail and the South West Coastal path.
All our food is certified organic, free range and locally sourced, if the provenance, quality and taste is excellent.
We are a non-smoking, ecologically sensitive household committed to recycling and laundering our own linens in environmentally and skin-friendly detergent.
We welcome families and their children, Rail enthusiasts,bat and butterfly specialists,walkers, divers, surfers, cyclists, hikers, artists, photographers. We can cater for a family or group up to seven with private bathroom and lounge with fantastic views of the sea. Singles/doubles /twins share bathroom and lounge.
There is plenty of safe parking on site.
Family room with sofa bed and z bed.
Family room with extra sofa bed and z bed
Family room £80.00pn+breakfast based on two people sharing.
Free for two children sharing double sofa bed up to 6 years old.( over six £6.00 surcharge.)
Singles £45.00 pppn inc of breakfast ,share bathroom and lounge.
One double room £70.00 pn+breakfast with one single bed FREE for
one child up to 6 years old ( over six £6.00 surcharge.)
Shares bathroom with family room.
Double room with extra single bed.
Deposit non refundable £60.00 for double£40.00 single secures your booking if not booked with Bookings.com
Bank transfers of FULL AMOUNT in advance of departure day..
Cash for full amount on departure.
J and H L Nicholson .
sort code : 20.60.88
account number: 10666343
Things to do.
Nutritional Naturopathy/Iridology analysis .( donation )
The Little Theatre Torquay.
Torquay Tennis Club.
Berry Pomeroy Castle.
Steam railway observation.
Geo Play park.
South West Coastal/Cycle Path .
John Musgrove Trail.
Agatha Christie Tour.
Transition Town Torquay and Totnes .
Traditional meat, vegan and vegetarian..Fair trade..Free range , outdoor reared and organic locally sourced when possible.
Muesli, Porridge, Cornflakes.Yoghurt.
Juice of the day.
Full Traditional English: Bacon, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and a fried egg.
Vegan: Leek and potato sossages with baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes.
Poached eggs on toast
Mushrooms on toast.
Hummus and oatcakes.
Brown or white toast ,oat cakes ,corncakes
Butter, marmalade, agave syrup.
Fresh ground coffee, Tea, roibosch, , fresh mint and rosemary,sage when available from garden.
EVENING MEALS to be ordered 24 hours in advance please.
Dresses local crab
generous salad, house mayonnaise and warm garlic
One, two, three course meals @ £10.00,£15.00, £20.00pp.
Any menu requests welcome.
Holly blue butterflies, newts,deer,badgers,hedehogs,woods.
Shingle Chalet Nutrition/Iridology consultation room.
Added Value offered for Norwegian wood
- Magnificent views of Torbay.
- Organic beverage tray.
- Menu :Fair trade, free range, and organic where possible .
- Evening meals.
- filtered drinking water in rooms.
- Organic bed linen. Own Lounge .
- Use of beautiful gardens.
- Dietary requirements a pleasure for
- Heather Nicholson D.th.D who is a Nutritional Naturopath/Iridologist with many years
- Take your health on your own shoulders. Go to workshop link.
thank you so much for a really pleasant B&B experience at the Norwegian Wood - good luck & best wishes from Rob, Becky, Toby & Holly xx
- Thank you for a wonderful a couple of days, you made us all feel so welcome. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, the breakfasts were tasty and the evening meal you cooked us was first class. I would recommend you to friends and we will definitely be back, if we're in the area.
- Thanks Heather, for looking after me so well. I love the principles of what you’re doing with Norwegian Wood – I can’t imagine your guests ever feeling like they’re ‘just another customer’. The room & bathroom were beautiful, spotless and really comfortable – I immediately felt ‘home from home’. My Aga-cooked dinner was equally unfussy, prepared with care, and really delicious. You were so helpful, thoughtful, interesting, and calm – all making it quite possibly one of my most relaxing nights in a B&B ever.
- Wow! organic Heaven! totally lush food and hospitality,norwegianwood is a wonderful jewel in Devon's crown.
- Beautifully clean and spacious room,quiet and comfortable, with superb views of the sea, delicious breakfast, and gracious hosts for whom nothing is too much trouble.
- A big thank-you from us to heather and john for making us so at home in their lovely home. We were made to feel really welcome and really at home. Interesting chat, great views, delicious food and great location at a budget price, what more could you ask for! Would highly recommend!
thanks for a lovely weekend hope to see you soonx
Just wanted to say a big thanks for making me feel so welcome during my stay at Norwegian Wood.
It was the perfect location and an excellent find!
It's close to Totnes where I was doing a yoga course. It was a scenic and easy drive which was well rewarded due to the location of your home. In between yoga sessions, I could take lovely beach walks on the almost private Hollicome beach or walk further afield into Painton and Goodrington beach.
The breakfasts were excellent - very tasty, filling and nutritious. I have even changed some of my eating habits as a result of some of your suggestions and feel much better for it.
I loved the views from the bedroom and the garden to the sea. The room was very comfortable and I loved the lounge seating area and bathroom. Everything was so clean and homely. Definitely a home away from home, a perfect retreat, and one that I hope to return to some day soon.
- 'One of the best B &B's I've stayed in, and the friendliest. Sausages to die for'.
Just wanted to say thank you for the lovely stay. The pillows were divine, relaxing with such amazing views was restorative, and breakfast was scrumptious.
Dear HeatherDer Aufenthalt im "Norwegian Wood" hat alle unsere Erwartungen erfüllt: Freundlichkeit, wunderbarer Garten, tolle Aussicht aufs Meer, schöne Zimmer, gesundes britisches Frühstück und Nähe zu Bus, Bahn und Meer. Guter Ausgangspunkt für Wanderungen und Ausflüge zum Dartmoor, Totnes, Plymouth, Cornwall und viele andere Orte im Südwesten Englands. Wir empfehlen dieses B&B uneingeschränkt weiter.
Alex & Christin Willener-Linder, Lucerne Switzerland Our stay at Norwegian Wood has exceeded our expectations: Cordiality, nice rooms, beautiful garden, great view, healthy british breakfast and proximity to public transport and to the beaches. Good starting point for excursions to Dartmoor, Totnes, Plymouth, Cornwall and many other places in the South West. We recommend this B&B thoroughly.
Hollicombe Beach.3 minutes walk from Norwegian wood.
Norwegian wood shaker kitchen and breakfast room with
beautiful sea views.
Rare oriel bay windows with original stained glass panels of
Blossom on my bed not yours.!!!
Blue bells in spring Scadson's wood.